Prizewinning Pineapple Jam is an easy and quick recipe with only four ingredients – canned crushed pineapple, pectin, sugar and butter. It makes a great gift for the holidays or any time!
I often give members of my extended family jars of Prizewinning Pineapple Jam when we get together for a meal every few months. My cousin’s wife Angelina says Prizewinning Pineapple Jam “tastes like the pineapple in Pineapple Upside Down Cake!”
Not only is Prizewinning Pineapple Jam great on toast and biscuits but it’s also fabulous as a topping for cheesecake and ice cream!
Prizewinning Pineapple Jam Recipe
The 7 Steps to Making Prizewinning Pineapple Jam:
1. Measure crushed pineapple with its juice and add enough water to equal 6 1/2 cups. Put the pineapple in a stock pot.
2. Sprinkle pectin over the pineapple.
3. Bring mixture to a boil; add sugar and stir. Add butter, if using. (Butter keeps foaming to a minimum. Foam on the jam is not attractive!)
4. Bring mixture back to a full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
5. Ladle Prizewinning Pineapple Jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe rims of jars clean with a damp paper towel.
6. Process jam for 5 minutes in a water bath after the water comes to a boil.
7. Remove jars of jam from the canner. Place jars on a towel to set up – placing jars on a cold countertop may cause the glass jars to crack.
Be sure to label the jars of jam! I wouldn’t waste time dating them, as they will be gone before their “expiration” date! 🙂
I found the recipe for Prizewinning Pineapple Jam a few years ago and I’ve been making it ever since! I love pineapple so this was a great discovery for me. Several people have won prizes at their county fairs using this recipe for Pineapple Jam!
So if you want to be a winner in the jam category, be sure to make Prizewinning Pineapple Jam! Again, Prizewinning Pineapple Jam makes great gifts for neighbors, teachers and pretty much everyone on your gift list! Make some soon!
Remember to Savor the Flavor,
*If you’d like to receive new Silver Foodie posts automatically, please enter your e-mail address in the space under “Silver Foodie Updates” on the right sidebar; then click “Sign up.” Thank you!
For a list of Link Parties in which I participate weekly, click on “Link Parties” on the menu header bar or scroll down the right sidebar.