Blueberry Banana Cream Pie
Blueberry Banana Cream Pie is truly a scrumptious treat! This recipe, which has won 2 pie contests in the past, is presented to you today. Blueberry Banana Cream Pie is a wonderful pie to make in the months of the year when fresh fruit is not readily available. Although, I would eat this pie any time of year – it’s that tasty!
I have learned so many things from watching videos posted to youtube. In fact, I set up my website myself after watching and rewatching various videos on how to start a website, all on youtube. I’ve learned how to make a bracelet and earrings by watching youtube. I’ve made a baby quilt by watching a how-to video on youtube. I’ve also obtained some great recipes from watching different cooks that post videos on youtube. One can find a video on how to do almost anything on youtube!
One of my favorite youtube “stars” to watch is Katzcradul. It’s interesting to watch her videos because you only hear her melodious voice and see her hands completing the steps in a particular recipe or giving instructions for canning various foods or whatever. It lends a sense of mystery to the video! I believe she is a teacher as her instructions are detailed and thorough.
After I watched her video titled “Show Stopper Pie” I knew I had to try the recipe since the ingredients include blueberry pie filling and bananas. (One of my favorite smoothies combines blueberries and bananas.) I adapted the recipe from Katzcradul slightly – I used a graham cracker crust instead of a baked pie crust. Blueberry Banana Cream Pie is so creamy and delicious in a graham cracker crust. But use the crust that you prefer when you make this wonderful pie.
If you’ve chosen to make Blueberry Banana Cream Pie using a regular pie crust, you will need to bake it first and let it cool before adding the filling. If you’re using a graham cracker crust, you’re ready to start preparing the filling. First, cream cheese, vanilla extract and powdered sugar are mixed together in a mixing bowl. Whipped topping or whipped cream (your choice) are added and mixed well. (I’ve made this with Cool Whip and I’ve made it with whipped cream, both with great results. So again, it’s your choice.)
Next, slice the bananas and place a layer of them on the bottom and side of the pie shell. Then add a layer of the whipped topping mixture.
Then add a layer of blueberry pie filling over the whipped cream mixture. Add another layer of sliced bananas.
Put the remainder of the whipped topping mixture on top of the pie and smooth it out to the edge of the crust. Spoon the remaining blueberry pie filling in the center of the whipped topping layer, leaving a wide border of the whipped topping layer exposed.
Chill Blueberry Banana Cream Pie for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the pie to chill before cutting it!
Here’s the printable recipe, complete with measurements:
- 1 8" or 9" baked pie shell -OR- 1 8" or 9" graham cracker crust
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups whipped topping or whipped cream
- 3 medium bananas
- 1 21-ounce can blueberry pie filling
- Slice bananas into 1/4" slices.
- Line the bottom and sides of the crust with a single layer of slice bananas.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in mixer until smooth.
- Add whipped topping or whipped cream to mixture and blend well.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture over the bananas in the bottom of the crust.
- Spoon slightly more than half of the pie filling over the creamy layer.
- Add another layer of sliced bananas over the pie filling, then the remainder of the creamy mixture.
- Spread the creamy mixture to the edges of the crust, covering the bananas completely.
- Spoon the remainder of the pie filling on the center of the pie, leaving a wide border of the creamy layer exposed.
- Chill at least 6 hours.
- If bananas are small, 4 may be needed to have enough slices for this pie.
Many thanks to Katzcradul for sharing this superb recipe with all of us!
Remember to Savor the Flavor – blueberry and bananas! Yummmm!
**If you’d like to receive new posts from Silver Foodie automatically, please fill in your e-mail address in the blank on the right sidebar.
For a list of Link Parties in which I participate weekly, click on “Link Parties” on the header menu bar.