Cranberry Marshmallow Snack Cake contains cranberries, miniature marshmallows, brown sugar and chopped pecans in a basic coffee cake-type batter. The marshmallows melt into the batter making a somewhat crusty top to this cake.
For the holidays, cranberries can’t be surpassed in their ability to brighten any snack or meal with their sweet-tart goodness and their beautiful ruby-red color. In today’s post I’d like to share with you a snack cake that features the unique combination of cranberries with miniature marshmallows – Cranberry Marshmallow Snack Cake.
Cranberry Marshmallow Snack Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Pour into a greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan.
- Sprinkle with miniature marshmallows. Lightly press marshmallows into the batter.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done.
Then, during the baking process, the marshmallows melt into the batter, producing a slight crispness to the top. Cranberry Marshmallow Snack Cake is great with coffee, tea or milk! Enjoy it with your favorite fall beverage!
Did You Know?
*Coffee cake evolved from a variety of different kinds of cake.
*The term “coffee cake” became a common term in America in 1879.
*The first coffee cakes were thought to have originated in Germany, but were more like sweet breads than cakes.
*The term “coffee cake” was used by German and Scandinavian immigrants to refer to an accompaniment for coffee.
*Coffee cake” is usually a single layer cake, flavored with fruit and/or cinnamon, and often containing nuts. Coffee cakes are usually leavened with either baking soda or baking powder. Coffee cakes are often drizzled with a powdered sugar glaze.
So whether you call it a coffee cake or a snack cake, I’m sure you’ll enjoy Cranberry Marshmallow Snack Cake! What fall beverage will you enjoy with your serving of Cranberry Marshmallow Snack Cake?
Remember to Savor the Flavor!
*If you’d like to receive new Silver Foodie posts automatically, please enter your e-mail address in the space under “Silver Foodie Updates” on the right sidebar, then click “Sign up.” Thank you!
For a list of link parties in which I participate weekly, please click on “Link Parties” on the menu header bar or scroll down the right sidebar.